OBJECTIVES AND ACTIVITIES
- To establish Parish and Community based Rehabilitation (PCBR) program in line with the standard and quality of service.
- Develop relevant and interactive transformational training modules aligned with the mindset and perspective of drug dependents.
- Implement a “drug demand reduction” activity by conducting drug education, awareness and information campaign in schools, communities and workplaces.
- Management and operation of Sanlakbay Recovery and Restoration Center (SRRC) to continue the drug abstinence and sobriety gains of recovering drug dependents from PCBR.
- Conceptualize a sustainable alternative resources generation for program sustainability and development.
KEY RESULTS AREA FOCUS:
- Capability building to be able to establish and strengthen the Parish Community-Based Rehabilitation (PCBR) as primary objective.
- Drug education and information campaign to schools, communities and work places as secondary objective.
- Setting up Sanlakbay Center in five (5) major cities within RCAM area to strengthen spiritual and psychosocial change, drug abstinence and resiliency as third objective.
- Developing partnership and cooperation with Local Government Unit (LGU) and Civil Service Organizations (CSO) in program implementation of our objectives.
- Program proposal for grants and compassionate crowdfunding through website to keep pace with organizational growth and development needs.
HIGHLIGHT OF ACTIVITIES
The pilot Parish community based rehabilitation program was initiated at San Roque de Manila, Blumentritt, Sta Cruz, Manila on September 23, 2016. Formal Launching of Sanlakbay led by Cardinal Tagle on October 23, 2016 at Manila Cathedral. Accreditation to conduct Faith based community rehabilitation was secured from DILG on Novemeber 8, 2016. There are one hundred twenty-three (123) volunteers from different walks of life. There is a continuous process of recruitment of volunteers to meet the need of Facilitators. Priests, housewives, doctors, life coaches, nurses, lawyers, psychometricians, bankers, psychologists, etc. Most of them are from Neo Cathecumenal Way, The Lay Society of Arnold Janssen, Kilos Laiko, Council of the Laity of the Philippines and from parishioners of the Parishes. Parish community based rehab program had been launched and implemented in 14 Parishes namely:
1. San Roque de Manila Parish, Blumentritt St., Santa Cruz, Manila
2. Santa Monica Parish., Basa cor. Dagupan St., Tondo, Manila
3. Mary the Queen Parish, Madison St., Greenhills West, San Juan City
4. St. Anthony de Padua Parish, 2126 Singalong cor. San Andres St., Malate, Manila
5. Minor Basilica of San Sebastian, Plaza del Carmen, Quiapo, Manila
6. San Pablo Apostol Parish, E. Jacinto St., Magsaysay Village, Tondo, Manila
7. St. John de Baptist Parish, 140 Pinagbuhatan St., San Juan City
8. San Ildefonso Parish, 4936 A. Arnaiz Ave, Makati City
9. Santuario de San Jose, Duke cor. Buffalo Sts., Greenhills East Subd., Mandaluyong City
10. Santuario de Santo Cristo, 183 F. Blumentritt St., San Juan City
11. Our Lady of the Assumption Parish, Malate, Manila
12. Holy Trinity Parish, Sampaloc, Manila
13. Sto. Nino de Pandacan Parish, Jesus St. Pandacan, Manila
14. San Felipe Neri, Boni Avenue corner Aglipay St. Mandaluyong City
15. Sto. Niño de Tondo Parish, 600 L. Chacon St. Tondo, Manila
16. National Shrine of Sacred Heart, Sacred Heart St. San Antonio Village, Makati City
Thirteen (13) more parishes have expressed their intent to put up Sanlakbay and have undergone Sanlakbay orientation. Initiated 12 steps Spiritual Formation Workshop of volunteers at Catholic Trade last July 2017 for program enhancement. Manual of Procedures in the implementation of Sanlakbay Recovery and Restoration Center is in place for implementation. Successful 1st Year Anniversary at Minor Basilica of San Sebastian on October 21, 2017. Graduation of 156 kalakbay. Sanlakbay participated in Drug Summit of Pasay City and San Juan City.
EWTN plays an important role in Catholic education. Whether you’re seeking to strengthen your faith or striving to increase your devotion, you’ll find a wealth of credible resources, from historical Faith documents to guidance on current Catholic issues.